Aims and objective
Home > Aims and objective
Aims and objective
- To organise cultural action for freedom and progress.
- To promote, and contribute to, the development of a democratic and progressive culture.
- To strive for the cultural advancement of the working people through literacy and conscentisation campaign.
- To combat all regressive cultural trends which tend to isolate culture and intellectual values from the aspirations of the toiling people and their struggle.
- To fight class oppression and domination or discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, language or sex.
- To raise people’s consciousness against all harmful legacies like casteism, untouchability, communalism, superstition and obscurantist social practices.
- To resist imperialist penetration in the fields of culture, education and general social life, and to campaign for world peace and disarmament.
- To work for national integration, and to bring about cultural unity among various linguistic groups and communities including minorities and tribals.
- To stimulate people’s interest in progressive art and literature.
- To arrange public performance and exhibition of various art forms.
- To organise cultural programmes and sports and games involving people from various states and regions.
- To conduct research and studies, discussions, debates, seminars, classes , on various socio-cultural issues.
- To set up libraries and reading rooms with a view to spread knowledge and broaden people’s cultural horizon.
- To publish pamphlets, periodicals and books on a no-profit no-loss basis, to bring about socio-cultural awakening among broad sections of the working people.
- To encourage women and children, ensuring their participation in socio-cultural activities.
- To organise cultural programmes of women and children, Malayalam classes, vocational training, and to set up working women’s hostel, crèche, etc., on a no-profit no-loss basis.
- To manage establishments -which are embodiments of cultural, educational and social activities- with governmental or non-governmental assistance, if necessary, on a no-profit no-loss basis
- To raise funds through membership fee, subscription, donation, grants, loans and other collections received from the proceeds of publications, etc. These proceeds shall be used for the furtherance of the above objectives.